This weekend I had another attempt at hooking my original Drobo onto the Drobo FS. I tried this when I purchased Drobo 2 and the FS networking box but for some reason it didn't work, so Drobo 1 has been languishing as a USB device on the Coolmaster. Meanwhile Drobo 2 was getting near capacity and I have been looking to buy another Drobo FS.
So I was very relieved to see that Drobo 1 can now operate as a network storage device and I live again!
In the meantime someone in Melbourne is selling an exact replica of my new setup (I.e. A Drobo FS with 2 storage storage boxes. The starting bid is $400, which is what I have bid. It seems to have been running for 4 days with no other bidder, so I might be in luck. It ends Wednesday at noon.
No comments:
Post a Comment